Some of your neighbors will be cold this winter.
You can do something about it.
Why Give to HeatShare?
When you give to HeatShare, you are helping warm the lives of the elderly, disabled and others who have nowhere else to turn. HeatShare is a last resort for many who have no other resources available to safely get them and their families through the winter.
Administered by the Salvation Army, HeatShare is a voluntary program that helps the needy survive our long, Minnesota winters by providing funds for heating bills and heating-related repairs.
Who Benefits from HeatShare?
- Senior citizens 55 years of age or older with low, fixed incomes and no alternate source of help.
- Those disabled by physical limitations and/or health problems, restricting their ability to maintain income to cover enery bills adequately.
- Those who have had an unexpected emergency within the last 12 months and as a result of the emergency cannot pay energy costs.
- Those who meet income guidelines and have received or applied for all other possible public funds.
Who Supports HeatShare?
Hundreds in your community help with HeatShare. Your neighbors, your friends, people in big cities and corporations, and people in small towns and self-owned businesses.
And you can help give the gift of heat, too, by sending a tax deductible contribution to Moorhead Public Service using the downloadable form available here (Please make checks payable to HeatShare), or donating online by at https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/northern/heatshare-program/. HeatShare is one way a small gift of kindness can make a big difference in someone else's life. And you can make that difference!
How Else Can HeatShare Help?
- Energy Conservations and Education
- Budget Counseling
- Financial Assistance
- Family Counseling
- Social Service Information & Referrals
Yes! I want to give my neighbors the gift of heat this winter season.
- Please download this form and enclose it with your Moorhead Public Service bill. Please make check payable to HeatShare.
- Donate online: https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/northern/heatshare-program/
If you have any questions, or would like more information about the HeatShare program, please visit https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/northern/heatshare-program/ or contact the Salvation Army at 1.800.842.7279.